Friday, March 9, 2012

Freezer Cooking

There's a new craze on the internet these days.  It's called Pinterest.  Many of my Facebook friends had jumped on to check it out, so I thought I would too.  It really is a very interesting website.  People "pin" things that they like onto a virtual message board.  I think I like it so much because it is very visual.  When you see a picture of something you like, you can click on it to find out more.  And if you really like it, so can "re-pin" it onto your own board.

Since I love to cook so much, it's the recipes that really grab my interest.  I was looking a little more closely at a recipe one day when I got re-directed to a page about Freezer Cooking.  I had never heard of such a thing! How can you cook something in your freezer?  At first it didn't make much sense, so I dug a little deeper.  What I learned is that people cook a double meal and basically freeze half for another dinner.  What a great idea!  There are so many times that I make a casserole in a 9x13 pan, only to have my family eat just half of it.  We then feel burdened by it for the next several days, feeling that we have to finish it.  Sometimes, we even end up throwing away food because we don't eat it before it goes bad.  Freezer cooking is the perfect solution!  Instead of making a larger casserole, I divide it into two pans and freeze one for another time.  Here's what I have in my freezer now:

Chicken Divan
Lasagna
Homemade Stuffing
Meatballs
Turkey Spaghetti
Pot Roast

It will be so nice on those busy spring nights when we are running to baseball, choir and who-knows-where to be able to pull out those freezer meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment