Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Robbed!

It was a typical Sunday morning.  I was ready to leave for church and opened the car door to find the contents of thecar to be in total disarray.  I knew immediately that I had been robbed.  It was an awful feeling, knowing that somebody had entered my car and taken some of my belongings.

They took my GPS, my bluetooth, a $20 bill, a Vera Bradley Bag with all of my Alice in Wonderland, Jr. materials, and both of the kids scooters.  All tolled, it was around a $400 loss. 

Imagine my surprise when I got a text from my good friend Ellen telling me that Chris Carl, the band director at LMS had my bag!  How did he get it?  Upon investigation, I found that he did not have it, but that one fo my neighbors had called the school because somebody had dumped the bag in her bushes.  Since there were music materials in it, she called the school, hoping somebody there would know who it belonged to.  There was one more clue - they said it had the name "Kirk" in it.  So Chris called Ellen and she knew immediately that it belonged to me!

I was lucky enough that I was able to retrieve my music materials and my beg fromn the neighbor around the corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment