Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spring Bulbs

Every year I have the same internal conversation. It goes something like this:
"Oh my! It seems like my bulbs start coming up earlier every year. I hope they don't die. It can't be good that they are up THIS early".

But every year, they still seem to thrive. I have daffodils in my front garden that I planted at least 6 years ago. Each year they grow thicker and taller. So I guess I shouldn't worry, right? Everyone who comes to my house when they are in bloom just marvels at them. "How do you get them to grow so well?". I guess I am just lucky. They just grow. And they will again this year. I hope. Unless they started too early.

Then there are the hyacinths I put in last spring that I got from church. They are so new. Can they possibly handle this early spring? I guess we will all have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment